image

image

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

accutane update #4

remember how i promised i would make a list of all the products i am using to help with some of the side effects of accutane?
well here they are:

-hydroflask (with straw lid)
i kid you not, this goes absolutely everywhere with me because i am always thirsty now. i try to keep it filled with ice water 24/7, and what i love about this is that it actually keeps your water ice cold all day and it doesn't sweat on the outside. i have the white 40oz bottle, the only downside about this one is that it doesn't fit in my cupholder.

-aquaphor
this stuff can work miracles, i carry this around with me as well. i use it on my dry hands, my lips, my face, etc. i also prefer the ointment over the lip stuff.

-cetaphil face wash
this is a classic, I've been using this for the past forever basically. its gentle and doesnt strip your skin of moisture too much. although i do try to not use it too much still.

-cerave moisturizing cream
again, another classic gentle face moisturizer that i have been using for a long time. i like the cream because it seems to do better with my extra dry skin. they also make morning moisturizers with sunscreen.

-crude oils
these are amazing! they smell wonderful and feel really good on my skin. i use the bloom oil over my moisturizer at night for a little extra moisture. i also use the everything oil with the pull clothes at night to get my makeup off. i like doing this because my skin feels so soft afterwords and i have noticed that it really does help with redness and healing.

-head and shoulders
i bet no one told you that part of being on accutane would mean your scalp drying out too, meaning your head is flaking. it is actually so gross and head and shoulders is one of the only things that helps keep it at bay, but it is still there. so another tip, don't wash your hair so much, that will make it dryer and also try doing a scalp treatment. i like to get my everything oil and put a few drops on my scalp and rub it in for like five minutes. plus that feels good.

-leave in conditioner
i have always liked a good leave in conditioner, mainly because i bleach my hair and it is always so dry. i currently don't have any suggestions to any, i have been trying a few out and haven't found one that i completely love yet. but if you have one you love, i would love to try it out.

-daily pill holder box
i bet this isn't the real name, but you know what i mean. this thing is seriously a life saver because its so annoying to have to carry around you pills when they take up so much space. (accutane comes in this cardboard thing that is big and annoying) and if you are anything like me, you are busy and just bring it with you so you can take it at the same time everyday.

-steam room
ok so you can't really purchase one of these, but if you have access to one i suggest you go because they are so helpful and feel amazing. i like to take a little towel or something not too abrasive and gently rub my face while i sit in there, it will help coax the dead skin off. but make sure to wash your face as soon as you can afterwards and them moisturizer because it will leave your skin feeling dry and tight.



i hope this helps some of you, because accutane is seriously no fun and any help counts right?


-allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment